Week 94 - Exchanges

by 5:26 PM 0 comments

After a lesson earlier this week with a less-active member, I was
elated. Prior to the lesson, Anziano Montalto and I felt like we
needed to cover the topic of repentance with her. It was made apparent
to us during the lesson that she really needed to hear the message we
prepared. It was so exciting! When God wants you do to something, you
recognize it, you do it, and then you see the genius behind it- it's
like dropping a fat euro coin into your happiness piggy bank.
Sometimes I do things that I feel like I should do and afterward, I
feel a little foolish. But, every time I've asked Anziano Montalto for
his advice whether I should do a certain thing or not based on a prior
feeling to do it, he always asks me, "Are you worthy?" If I say yes,
he always tells me to do it! He's a really good companion. :)

We did two companionship exchanges this week. During the first
companionship exchange in Pesaro, I got to see my son again! It was
fun being in my old stomping ground for a day and reminiscing on all
the good time I had there. I was with Anziano Leavitt's new companion,
Anziano Baker, and I developed a little mission man crush on him
thanks to his work ethic. He's a fantastic missionary! It felt like I
was with the Mormon Pee-Wee Herman for the day because he greeted
EVERYONE on the street! Ask to see my journal entry when I get home
from my mission if you want to see the miracle we saw because of his
outgoingness. 

On the second companionship exchange, it was brutal! We were in
Ravenna and attempted to do a big proselyting stroll around the city,
but no one was having it. I was in such a great mood and was using
some fun, unorthodox ways to stop people on the street, but no one
wanted to listen to us. Then, we dressed down into some street clothes
and headed to the local basketball court. We beat some Italian guys in
a pick-up game (no thanks to me) and were given the listening ears of
some people that let us talk about the church. I don't think I can
ever say enough how much I'm grateful for our mission president and
his desire for us to "find our own basketball court" with
unconventional finding methods.

Okay, now a little story time about Sunday. Sundays are always the
hardest day of the week for me because church is exhausting as a
missionary (except the no-stress, seven member Sundays in Pesaro). We
arrived at Roberto and Paola's house on Sunday evening and I was
feeling a little drained (my day up until then had been: ward council,
three hours of translating, a member lunch appointment, and two
lessons). They fed my happiness piggy bank with their love that night
(I'm not just saying that because I got to play with Noah the kitten
for the first time). After dinner, Paola expressed how much our
visits met to her and how she feels tranquil and peaceful around us.
It was the perfect environment to jump into the Plan of Salvation.
Truth be told, Paola was a little weirded out with everything!

However, after Paola expressed her doubts, that's when the Spirit hit!
I bore my testimony, then my companion bore his testimony, then there
was silence... 10 seconds... 20 seconds... After probably 30ish
seconds of silence, Roberto jumped in and bore his testimony. Roberto
expressed his gratitude for her being willing to read in the Book of
Mormon and pray with him every night. Then, he shared a little bit of
his conversion story to the church twenty years prior and ended with
his testimony of the Plan of salvation. All of us, including Paola,
were really touched.

It's such a great blessing being a missionary! I don't know what in
the world I'm going to be doing in ten years or where I'm going to be,
but that's okay. I've got another transfer left here in the mission
and I'm excited to keep sharing the gospel.


1. This is the gelateria where it all started and where it finished.
Our first night in Pesaro, Anziano Leavitt and I ate at this
gelateria. Now, he's off to Bolzano and the next time I see him...
I'll be married! Bahaha!
2. Noah and Noah
3. Scambio gelato
4. District Greek food
5. I don't know why I didn't hit up the food trucks in Olympia. These
Gyros are scrumptious!
6. Aaghhh!  







Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment