Week 64 - Restoration Lessons

by 8:47 PM 0 comments
Making a Peruvian cake with my Peruvian mom, Lili
I'm sorry in advance if this email seems a bit scatterbrained. Despite my 8 hours of nightly sleep and my daily fruit consumption, my energy is at an all-time low (and there is a cold sore on the way- oh no!)! Fortunately, the deja-vu gust that hit me on Monday is keeping me going. Anziano Simmons came to the office as the future Anziano Scoggin! Anziano Scoggin isn't going home until the middle of next transfer, but Anziano Simmons arrived here on Monday so he could be properly trained. For the next month, I'll be in a companionship of three again! 

I'm not sure how much I've talked about Anziamo Simmons in past emails, but I've spent quite a bit of time with him already in my mission (hence the deja-vu gust of Monday ;)). Anziano Simmons was in Bergamo when I was there with Anziano Stahali. Then, later we met up when I first arrived at the office because he was my zone leader. Now, we're companions! He's a fantastic missionary and I've definitely felt a little bit humbled hearing him speak Italian- he's good!!

Although teaching in three isn't always the easiest, we've had a very successful week with our investigators and member families! Investigator wise, Cristian has committed to praying every day this week. That may sound like a small thing in itself, but it's going to be the first, non-memorized prayer he's offered in his life. And as for Salvatore, he still has doubts about being baptized, but has committed to reading the Book of Mormon everyday- a thing that's been known to eliminate those pesky doubts. ;) 



During our recent member visits, we've been asking the members to text one of their friends, in that very moment, and asking if they'd be interested in learning more about Jesus Christ by means of meeting with the missionaries. It's a really bold invite, but we teach a really bold lesson before giving it- the message of the restoration. The message of the restoration breaks everything down in a really logical way and the member's love it. Although we believe in some really big things, everything makes so much sense. I'm praying there will be some fruits from this new initiative as the members feel the power of the message.

Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment