Week 69 - Hard is not imposssible

by 7:12 PM 0 comments
Ward Christmas Party
Elder Johnson from the Seventy came this week and spoke to our mission. I took a lot away from the conference that I hope to apply to my work. "Too much of the time we see the hard as impossible." I especially enjoyed hearing the words from his wife. She was inspired and brought some serious fire! 

Unfortunately, after the conference, President Allen brought the Johnson's to the mission office so he could give them a tour. I say unfortunately, because after the office tour, President Allen let them see an "average missionary apartment"- OUR APARTMENT. My companionship was at a member appointment at the time and when we found out about their apartment tour later, it was pretty embarrassing. One might say that our apartment wasn't in tour condition... not to mention the leftover thanksgiving turkey that had a pretty present smell in our apartment.

I had a really cool experience yesterday with the elders in Pavia! I got to give their baptismal candidates, Deborah and Hansen, an interview to see that they were worthy to enter the waters of baptism. They were successful! One thing I love about Nigerians is they just tell it how it is. Deborah and Hansen were both so open with me and I got to feel the strength of their growing testimony. Compared to a lot of the Nigerians here, they are very educated and are learning Italian very well. They are going to be awesome members! 
Deborah and Hansen




Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment