Week 60 - Not a Normal Missionary

by 10:37 AM 0 comments

It's weird how sometimes we put a lot of effort into something/a person and don't end up seeing any results, but then are blessed with something else in return. When we do our part, we're going to be blessed even if it's in a different way than we expect. Salvatore was a miracle dropped into our lives... he's so elect! He was a missionary for his evangelist church as a youth in Germany, he studied theology in college, and now he's literally teaching people at OUR church without being baptized. I thought I was going to die last Sunday when Salvatore was explaining to someone what genealogy work was! The reason he isn't baptized is because of his companion. He's waiting for his divorce to go through with his ex-wife, so he can marry his companion. He's not currently living with his companion (she's working in Spain), so he theoretically could be baptized if he committed to not moving in with her until after she was baptized. He's an incredible artist and song writer (side note: he LOVES the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), but unfortunately he has a pretty dumpy job working at a hotel right now. He's SO knowledgable, but he's missing a Godly remorse for his past sins. I already love he guy so much and I really hope I can play a small role in his conversion.

I had some moments this week where I deeply appreciated being an office elder... When it's pouring down rain and I'm sitting in the comfy chair in front of my computer with heat, apple cider, and homemade cookies at my disposal, a little smile is necessary. ;) There are times when I wish I could just be a normal missionary and go battle the storm, numb hands, and rejection in an attempt to stop people on the street. However, I can't complain when I know my missionary work day is a lot cushier than most. A lot of the big highlights of my week have come from seeing the little changes in my companion. It's a really rewarding experience seeing people change right in front of your eyes.

October 15, 2016




Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment