Week 76 - Awkward Hugs

by 5:09 PM 0 comments
My big news this week is my transfer news... I found out on Thursday night that I'm headed off to the Pesaro next week! I couldn't have imagined a more exciting next city. Pesaro hasn't had missionaries for the past few transfers and I'm going to be reopening it with a greenie!! I just talked to the branch president of Pesaro yesterday to find out how Pesaro life is and he told me that there is less than 15 active members that attend the branch. Pretty weird, right?? I hope my greenie likes tracking because we've got some work to do. ;)

I'm definitely ready to get thrust back into normal missionary life, but I also have grown to really appreciate being an office elder. I really have had some good times serving here for the past six months. I've been able to experience a side of missionary work that most people don't get to enjoy. We get to work side by side with President, the Hoopes, and get to do weird office adventures. Not very many missionaries get the opportunity to have a super personal relationship with their mission president. But, last night, President Allen was literally making fun of me for not knowing how to give up an un-awkward hug! HAHAHA, I love him. Side note: remember when Grandma stopped giving me hugs and started greeting me with handshakes because she knew how awkward I got? LOL! I'm going to give you a big ol' hug next time I see you, Grammy! 

My last full week here in Lodi treated me really well. We extended a baptismal date to Choice and he's going to be getting baptized with Charles on the 25th of February!! Unfortunately, the cool Romanian family we've been teaching won't be getting baptismal dates any time soon... This week, they dropped us! :( On a happier note: we went over to the Diaz's house for lunch early this week and it was the definition of great member missionary work. After lunch, instead of presenting a little spiritual thought after eating, Lili and Raiza took US on a tracking adventure. We walked around the local neighborhoods visiting all of their friends. It was the funniest thing ever! Lili is so bold about sharing her testimony. There was one point in the adventure when we walked into a nursing home and Lili introduced us to every single one of the old people there (she had no idea who they were)!!! 









Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment