Week 75 - Cleaning Up

by 4:59 PM 0 comments
January 28, 2017

As it sounds like you've already heard, there has been a few changes
in our missionary lifestyle. There was a worldwide broadcast that we
tuned into earlier this week where the missionary department announced
that the missionary schedule would have some modifications...
Basically, nightly planning has turned into morning planning and there
is a lot more freedom given to each individual companionship in
planning out the logistics of their day. I really like it. I think
that by giving the freedom to the missionaries, the obedient
missionaries will be able to use their time more effectively and get
more good done!

The missionary department also announced that instead of nine key
indicators, there would now only be four. What that basically means is
that instead of submitting how many lessons you taught each week, how
many less activates you met with,et. But now, there is
only four things that get reported: how many baptisms/confirmations
you've had, how many baptismal dates you have, how many investigators
attended sacrament meeting, and how many new investigators you got.
This is very, very different! I think the obvious benefit I see from
the system is that we're going to be more focused on bringing new
investigators into the church rather than the lessons. The only con I
really see with the new system is leaving new converts/less actives in
the dust because you don't get any fancy number for meeting with them.

I want to rewind in time a little bit to the afternoon before hearing
the big announcements. There was a huge leak in a sewage pipe in our
building and the mission office's basement got flooded with poop
water. So, sadly, we had to clean up some of the affected areas. The
whole time I was thinking, "WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE HAPPENED 
TWO WEEKS LATER?!" I'm just kidding! Despite the grossness of the situation
(I'll save you from the details), we actually had a really good time
cleaning. I feel more prepared to be a dad now that I have more
hands-on-poop experience.

Okay, now, I want to fast forward to the morning after the big
announcement. I woke up feeling terrible! The first 12 hours of the
day consisted of me feeling like I was going to die. I'm not sure
if the spontaneous sickness was related to the cleaning from the
day before or not, but that's what I'm chalking it up to be. At the
peak of my misery, I prayed to God and asked him to help me feel
better and in return, I would eat healthier (something that I haven't
been really good at). Fortunately, we have a God that answers prayers!
And unfortunately, I guess that means I need to clean up the way I eat
a little bit...

On a happier note, Anziano Hogan arrived and he's great! I'm happy
that I get to be with him for the next couple weeks and I'm even
happier that President Allen called an Elder studley enough to fulfill
the office clerk position. ;) It's been hilarious living with Anziano
Hogan for the past few days because he is a HUGE germaphobe and has
been making me use hand sanitizer like 12 times a day! I thought he
was going to have a heart attack last night when he discovered a dried
up booger next to his bed.

I love being a missionary! It's crazy knowing that I'm coming home in
6 MONTHS FROM TODAY! We set a baptismal date with Charles this week
for the 25th of February and I also got the pleasure of seeing a
baptismal picture come into the office email this week of Robert, a
man baptized in Livorno that Anziano Freckleton and I found. The
church is growing!!!





Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment