Week 84 - Prophets

by 3:37 PM 0 comments
Ciao tutti,

I hope you guys all enjoyed listening to our prophets this past
weekend! I remember back in O-town, the general conference weekends
when Momma Anderson made cinnamon rolls were there greatest. ;) I have
to say that my MVS (most valuable speaker) was Elder Rasband. He is
such a stud! I loved his mission story of him sticking his foot in the
door. It just shows that a small, kind of weird prompting, can have
monumental effects! I remember when Steven Wood and I were filming a
YouTube video; we were going door to door and I was asking people if
they've seen my pants anywhere (I was just wearing my boxers). When we
got to a certain house, the woman that answered the door ripped the
videocamera out of Steven's hands and tried to close the door on us-
Steven wouldn't let her! Steven stuck his foot in her door and
wouldn't let her close it until she gave us back the camera! 😂

Leading up to general conference, Anziano Leavitt and I were STOKED.
We were meeting with Bruno on Saturday morning and we were talking
about prophets. He literally cut us off and said, "I don't see any
reason where there wouldn't be prophets on the earth anymore. I'm
waiting for you guys to tell me there is a prophet in America....
RIGHT NOW. In 2017." "Well Bruno, you're in luck... As a matter of
fact, we do have a prophet on the earth right now. He's going to speak
to us tomorrow!" Bruno came to the priesthood session of general
conference and it couldn't have been more perfect. The whole first
presidency spoke to us! Unfortunately, when we called Bruno later to
see what he thought of conference, it didn't seem like he was
powerfully hit by anything. He seemed more interested to talk about a
cycling competition he watched on TV after conference than conference
itself!

I was also very happy that Marta and her kids came. They are the
less-active family from Paraguay and are so great! Unfortunately,
Marta's non-member husband couldn't come because of work. They were
able to come for the branch lunch and they brought some wicked
Paraguayan food. If anyone can make an edible piece of food with
boiled egg chunks in it, it's Marta! Giuseppe was at the branch lunch
too and they were so nice too him! If Giuseppe wasn't moving to Turkey
tomorrow, I'm sure their friendship would continue to blossom.

Every time I'm around Marta's 20 year-old daughter, I think of Johnny
Lingo. Joahana is really cool but has no confidence whatsoever. In
Paraguay, their native language isn't Spanish and so although she
speaks Spanish, it's not perfect... Her Italian is even worse! So,
considering her lack of language fluency and shyness, she has no
friends. She didn't finish high school in Paraguay and because of
that, she can't find work. From what I can gather, her life is
basically watching Naruto all day in her pajamas! She also seems to be
quite preoccupied with her weight and thinks she's become too fat
since arriving in Italy. I want some studly Johnny Lingo to pop into
her life and make her feel like an 8-cow girl.

Besides general conference, one of my highlights this past week was
our appointment with Stefano. Stefano was a man in past area book
records and upon calling him, he said we could come over for an
appointment. It was a DREAM appointment. We were sitting at the
kitchen table of Stefano and his wife, Lydia, and taught them the
restoration. They had three adorable kids running around the house. As
we taught, the Spirit was undoubtedly present! The fairytale lesson
came to a halt when we presented the Book of Mormon. They confidently
discredited the Book of Mormon with my arch nemesis scripture,
Revelation 22:18:

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy
of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add
unto him the plagues that are written in this book."

I don't get why this argument is presented to us so much. Even if you
did believe that there weren't more Bible verses written after that
(which there was), the Bible wasn't even a book when that verse was
written and therefore can't be the "book" that is referred to in the
scripture. We concluded the lesson with Stefano and his wife by
leaving our testimonies with the invite to experiment on the words of
Moroni. I really hope they'll do so.

You guys, I know this church is true! I know that Jesus Christ is
literally our Savior. As crazy as the story of Joseph Smith seeing God
the Father and Jesus Christ sounds, I know it actually happened like
that. Sometimes my actions make me feel like an idiot because I'm
living far less than I know I'm capable of. But, this is all true and
I'm glad I am baptized, hold the priesthood, and am going to marry a
very attractive daughter of God in the temple one day!

Vi voglio bene,
Anziano Anderson

1. This is Anziano Koch! He's from Switzerland and keeps our wild
district meetings under control. ;)
2. I put some flowers in a cup this week. Then, I put curry powder in
the cup and the flowers died very fast.
3. We ate lunch with Ursula today! She is the greatest and really
enjoyed General Conference this past weekend. Side note: When she used
to go to the discotecas, she used to tell people her name was Julia
because she doesn't like her name! 😂




Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment