Week 34 - Life is swell

by 9:27 AM 0 comments
Livorno!
New Friend


McDonald's with my Boys
This week in Livorno was pretty swell. It's been a little toasty and I've been eating more €1 milkshakes than is healthy, but life is good. It was pretty cool having a few investigators in church on Sunday (even though Carlo didn't end up coming)... Anziano Buckles and I are really trying to work with the members, but it's been really hard getting into their homes. They seem to think that we want to come over to their houses and raid their pantries... Although that would be nice, but we really just want to be in their home for 20 or 30 minutes to help them feel the spirit and get them stoked to participate in missionary work!

I definitely had a few things to share during this email, but after talking to one of our African friends last night, I really have no motivation to do so. This man told us the full story of why he was in Italy and I really couldn't believe it. This particular man has gone through so much and had no intention to leave his country to come to Italy until his life literally depended on it. His story got me thinking about my own "problems". Sometimes I feel preoccupied with feelings of self pity because I'm a little tired or hungry, but then there are people in this world like my African friend. Moral of the story: we are so, so blessed. If you're at a point this week where you think that life isn't treating you very well, give yourself a slap in the face and change your attitude.

Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment