Week 2 - Meet the Mormons

by 7:15 PM 0 comments
Bonjourno Famiglia!

Yes, everyone in our district is going to Milan! Interestingly, there are only 4 missionaries in our whole zone going to Rome (the rest are going to Milan). I was a little surprised when I first learned that considering that the temple is being built in Rome... But, I'm definitely happy with my call! From the stories I've been hearing, Milan seems like it's going to work out a little better for me than Rome would have! And if you could just take one look in the MTC cafeteria, you wouldn't even need to ask the second question... The MTC food is AWESOME! I've been eating a ton of hamburgers, veggie-ham wraps, and granola. I also have been taking advantage of the unlimited hot chocolate and cookies. ;) But, don't think I'm turning into a fatty, I've been drinking a ton of water, eating a ton of fruits and veggies, and have been going HARD during my daily exercise time! 

As for the three European Sisters: Sisters Goethals is from the Netherlands, Sister Weidmann is from Switzerland and Sister Bartsch is from Germany. 

The three coolest things that have happened this week are first, committing my first investigator to baptism. Second, getting to use the Melchezedek priesthood to give Sister Weidmann a priesthood blessing. And third, getting to hear Dallin H. Oaks speak in last night's devotional! When I say I committed my first investigator to baptism, I actually mean I committed Francesca (an MTC teacher) to baptism in a role play scenario... But, even though the situation was pretend, the Spirit was real! It's kind of weird now though, Francesca is now one of our Italian teachers (the person Elder Esmay and I taught is now teaching us)! Giving a priesthood blessing to Sister Weidmann was unreal! She was feeling really sick and asked me to give her a blessing... I was REALLY scared, but just trusted that I would know what to say when I was giving it (I didn't plan out what I was going to say at all) and I did! The words just came to my mind during the blessing and I couldn't even remember half of what I said when the blessing was over! It was a really cooly experience and Sister Weidmann is now feeling better. Getting to hear an apostle speak last night was an amazing experience too! I feel bad for all the other MTC's because they only get to watch a recording (or in some cases, live footage) of Dallin H. Oaks and we get the real deal here at the Provo.

Another highlight of my week was getting to watch Meet The Mormons on Sunday night. Every Sunday, they show a ton of different movies in classrooms around the MTC campus. But, when I say movies, I actually just mean they show recordings of talks! So, when they announced they were showing Meet The Mormons in a classroom on Sunday night, the Elders in my district and I knew we had to go because it was an actual movie! So, right after the Sunday night devotional, we BOOKED it to the classroom that was showing the movie... We may have had to get a little physical when it came to separating the crowd of missionaries to get to the classroom, but it was definitely worth it! ;)

You guys might be interested to know: there is a group of trees here that smell EXACTLY like cream soda when you smell the bark... I feel really bad for the poor missionaries that have to go to the Guetemala MTC because I doubt there is trees that smell like that there! ;)

Well, it's been a really good week... The MTC is an awesome place (even though it is really hard at times)! I just got a haircut (I decided to go with a classic buzz cut).

Sending you lots of love,
Anziano Anderson

p.s. Elder Esmay taught me how to tie a tie on the first day at the MTC and I'm actually getting really good! Now, I just need to work on keeping the ties I tie clean... 

Learning Italian is Exhausting!  

Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment