Week 49 - High on a Mountain Top

by 12:18 PM 0 comments


We just got back from a hike in the mountains with Fabrizio and I feel like a new man. There is something refreshing about hiking in the fresh air, looking at God's beautiful creations, and then eating some gourmet Italian food. I wish I could elaborate on some of my experiences this week, but only have time to share one:

A few nights ago we were nearing the end of the work day (it was 7:40ish) and we had swung by the apartment to grab some water and use the restroom.  As we left the apartment again, we said a prayer and put our faith to the test. There is a promise in Preach My Gospel that says we'll be guided to people ready to receive the message of the Restoration and so we decided we weren't going to return to the apartment until 10:00 (the absolute latest time before calling the zone leaders) or getting a new person's phone number. Low and behold, as we talked to people in a nearby piazza, we met a man named Moreno who was no doubt put into our path for a reason. He is a doctor by trade and has a STRONG faith in God. He doesn't believe God has a church on the earth, but has read all of the standard religious scripture (including the Book of Mormon). I knew there was something special about this guy when he was telling us a story about seeing a ghost. Normally, if someone told me they saw a ghost, I'd be a little skeptical... However, during the story I felt the spirit super strong which I believe was an indication of the sincerity in this man! We got his number and will be seeing him tomorrow! 

God is very real and I know it!


Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment